After shopping online for quotes on a 9 day rental car I settled on Advantage. Big Mistake! I entered the code "SMBNS11512" that I found online for up to 20% off. The code said that 361 people had successfully used it today.
However, after I entered the code, the entire rate of the car skyrocketed (see actual photos attached).
I contacted the 800 number to speak with a rep. He repeated over and over it was "beyond his pay grade". WHAT??
Why is he answering a phone? I requested a manager. Bigger mistake!
After holding for 10 minutes I got a very irritated gentleman (using that word loosely) that was quick to inform me his shift was over at 5pm so I had 5 minutes tops. WHAT????
Already I knew I would not use this company with zero customer service but it was the principle of the old Bait and Switch tactic that just really pissed me off. I at least convinced him to do the quote with and without the code and he said YES, he was seeing the 2 different quotes but I needed to understand that by using the code I would get far better service and a far better car thus the price increase! WHAT??????
I pointed out the car is a Standard in both quotes and he began getting very upset. He said I should let my husband take care of the rental car as women are not equipped to understand car business. He end our conversation by hanging up on me. I had my mother and husband in the room at this time and was on speaker phone. We were all shocked that he hung up. I called back the same 800-777-5500 number and got the same young man and asked for the manager again. I also asked for his managers name. He said he wasn't allowed to say but told me to hang on. Less than 1 minute later I was hung up on. Again. Cut to several hours later and here I am attempting to warn people about this vile company with zero class and ridiculous excuses. We are now going with Enterprise and paying quiet a bit more but I now completely understand the phrase "you get what you pay for.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Highly rude manager that hung up on me twice
- That the feeling of being ripoff
- Poor customer service
- Response to my problem
- Being told to let my husband rent the car
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Advantage Rent A Car Standard Car Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I rented a car through Relayrides for a quick 2-day trip, and I've been dealing with Relayrides for almost a month now for the damages I didn't cause, and they're..."
- "I wish I found this website before i rented from cruise America in Milton, Florida. When I picked up the motor home they never said there would be additional charges..."
- "rented rims from there for 2 months. when i gave the rims back the mechanic messed up the install, causing the stud on my car to snap and my wheel..."
- "I was sent a t-shirt that had a poor print job. The image and lettering were faded and there were no sharp edges as there should have been. ..."
- "No one should do business with ShopRTACabinets. I only received half of my order 3+ weeks later than they promised. I was told that their cabinets get lost..."
- "I (stupidly, from what I have found out) purchased a 1 year XBox Live code. I was supposed to receive it within a couple of hours. That was on Saturday...."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "I searched the web for best price on 32oz Minwax Spar Urethane. Found it advertised as sold by and shipped by Supply The Home. There was a price of less..."