After shopping online for quotes on a 9 day rental car I settled on Advantage. Big Mistake! I entered the code "SMBNS11512" that I found online for up to 20% off. The code said that 361 people had successfully used it today.
However, after I entered the code, the entire rate of the car skyrocketed (see actual photos attached).
I contacted the 800 number to speak with a rep. He repeated over and over it was "beyond his pay grade". WHAT??
Why is he answering a phone? I requested a manager. Bigger mistake!
After holding for 10 minutes I got a very irritated gentleman (using that word loosely) that was quick to inform me his shift was over at 5pm so I had 5 minutes tops. WHAT????
Already I knew I would not use this company with zero customer service but it was the principle of the old Bait and Switch tactic that just really pissed me off. I at least convinced him to do the quote with and without the code and he said YES, he was seeing the 2 different quotes but I needed to understand that by using the code I would get far better service and a far better car thus the price increase! WHAT??????
I pointed out the car is a Standard in both quotes and he began getting very upset. He said I should let my husband take care of the rental car as women are not equipped to understand car business. He end our conversation by hanging up on me. I had my mother and husband in the room at this time and was on speaker phone. We were all shocked that he hung up. I called back the same 800-777-5500 number and got the same young man and asked for the manager again. I also asked for his managers name. He said he wasn't allowed to say but told me to hang on. Less than 1 minute later I was hung up on. Again. Cut to several hours later and here I am attempting to warn people about this vile company with zero class and ridiculous excuses. We are now going with Enterprise and paying quiet a bit more but I now completely understand the phrase "you get what you pay for.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Highly rude manager that hung up on me twice
- That the feeling of being ripoff
- Poor customer service
- Response to my problem
- Being told to let my husband rent the car
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Advantage Rent A Car Standard Car Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Veronica Winona Osterstuck (Also uses the name Veronica Neponsixterstuck) has been arrested for THEFT and was arrested again for BATTERY (DOMESTIC VIOLENCE), then arrested yet again for DUI. This..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "My friend rented a car through RelayRides in El Segundo Ca. On 5/27/15 I borrowed the car to take things to my storage and picked up a passengenger who was..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "As soon as I got there for my togo order, everyone was friendly and the food was ready as soon as 10 minutes after I had ordered.. however maybe since..."
- "Horrible service, horrible workmanship I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom.There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed..."
- "ordered two dresses based off their size charts. one is size of a top so i wear it as such, would've liked it to have been a dress as the..."