Additional Services
Insurance Quality

After shopping online for quotes on a 9 day rental car I settled on Advantage. Big Mistake! I entered the code "SMBNS11512" that I found online for up to 20% off. The code said that 361 people had successfully used it today.

However, after I entered the code, the entire rate of the car skyrocketed (see actual photos attached).

I contacted the 800 number to speak with a rep. He repeated over and over it was "beyond his pay grade". WHAT??

Why is he answering a phone? I requested a manager. Bigger mistake!

After holding for 10 minutes I got a very irritated gentleman (using that word loosely) that was quick to inform me his shift was over at 5pm so I had 5 minutes tops. WHAT????

Already I knew I would not use this company with zero customer service but it was the principle of the old Bait and Switch tactic that just really pissed me off. I at least convinced him to do the quote with and without the code and he said YES, he was seeing the 2 different quotes but I needed to understand that by using the code I would get far better service and a far better car thus the price increase! WHAT??????

I pointed out the car is a Standard in both quotes and he began getting very upset. He said I should let my husband take care of the rental car as women are not equipped to understand car business. He end our conversation by hanging up on me. I had my mother and husband in the room at this time and was on speaker phone. We were all shocked that he hung up. I called back the same 800-777-5500 number and got the same young man and asked for the manager again. I also asked for his managers name. He said he wasn't allowed to say but told me to hang on. Less than 1 minute later I was hung up on. Again. Cut to several hours later and here I am attempting to warn people about this vile company with zero class and ridiculous excuses. We are now going with Enterprise and paying quiet a bit more but I now completely understand the phrase "you get what you pay for.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with Advantage Rent A Car and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about advantage rent a car car rental at Advantage Rent A Car was highly rude manager that hung up on me twice, that the feeling of being ripoff and poor customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Advantage Rent A Car.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare Advantage Rent A Car to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Advantage Rent A Car?

Comments