Advantage Rent A Car - BAIT and SWITCH

After shopping online for quotes on a 9 day rental car I settled on Advantage. Big Mistake! I entered the code "SMBNS11512" that I found online for up to 20% off. The code said that 361 people had successfully used it today.

However, after I entered the code, the entire rate of the car skyrocketed (see actual photos attached).

I contacted the 800 number to speak with a rep. He repeated over and over it was "beyond his pay grade". WHAT??

Why is he answering a phone? I requested a manager. Bigger mistake!

After holding for 10 minutes I got a very irritated gentleman (using that word loosely) that was quick to inform me his shift was over at 5pm so I had 5 minutes tops. WHAT????

Already I knew I would not use this company with zero customer service but it was the principle of the old Bait and Switch tactic that just really pissed me off. I at least convinced him to do the quote with and without the code and he said YES, he was seeing the 2 different quotes but I needed to understand that by using the code I would get far better service and a far better car thus the price increase! WHAT??????

I pointed out the car is a Standard in both quotes and he began getting very upset. He said I should let my husband take care of the rental car as women are not equipped to understand car business. He end our conversation by hanging up on me. I had my mother and husband in the room at this time and was on speaker phone. We were all shocked that he hung up. I called back the same 800-777-5500 number and got the same young man and asked for the manager again. I also asked for his managers name. He said he wasn't allowed to say but told me to hang on. Less than 1 minute later I was hung up on. Again. Cut to several hours later and here I am attempting to warn people about this vile company with zero class and ridiculous excuses. We are now going with Enterprise and paying quiet a bit more but I now completely understand the phrase "you get what you pay for.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Services
Insurance Quality

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Highly rude manager that hung up on me twice
    • That the feeling of being ripoff
    • Poor customer service
    • Response to my problem
    • Being told to let my husband rent the car

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Advantage Rent A Car Standard Car Rental
Review category
review #737367

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Advantage Rent A Car? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.