12/10/2018. I had a pre-paid reservation. At the desk, the agent asked for credit card for deposit, ID and return itinerary. I fly to IAH very frequently and rent cars every time at IAH, although not from ADVANTAGE. (Hertz mainly)

My itinerary was not in my email and I had trouble accessing the airline website on my phone so I pulled out my ipad to get on the website . I have flight benefits for employees of American Airlines and my itinerary was not emailed to me.

The man, I was told by Linda Gibson (manager) whose name was "T" , said I just created the itinerary and it had to be done 24 hours in advance of the reservation. He was very loud and refused to complete my pre paid reservation.

I showed him my credit card, drivers license, debit card and return itinerary and he continued to refuse to do my reservation. I asked for his manager. Linda Gibson came out and stated I had to have a return itinerary completed within 24 hours. I confirmed again that I fly as an employee of AA and showed her my return itinerary for 12/13/2018.

She made a copy of the policy and highlighted the policy for debit cards that does NOT state a return itinerary must be created 24 hours prior to a car rental. They yelled that "policy" very loud to make me appear unreasonable even though I did have my flight reservations. They did this to verbally and by their actions discredit me in front of all of the people standing in line.

Linda eventually did complete my reservation after I asked her if they were acting like this because I was black. My reasons for saying that- 1) I had a pre paid reservation, 2) I showed the credit card used to make the reservation and all ID was consistent; and 3) I showed a return ticket as requested and they refused to service me.

I was not loud or discourteous UNITL after 30 minutes they continued to refused to service me and LIED about this 24 hour written policy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Advantage Rent A Car Car Rental.

Preferred solution: compensation for the discrimination, intentional humiliation and personal attack causing severe emotional distress. .

I liked: Price when i booked.

I didn't like: Service.

Comments

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn No one cares...