How can a compnay operate with No Cars to rent?I thought this was a Car Rental Company!

Now reading many complaints from the Tampa Airport, I wonder why they are even in business. I rented my car online 1 l/2 months ahead of time, conducted the A Pass online 2 days before arriving so I would not have to wait - WRONG. After in line over an hour and half, and listening to many customers coming in and yelling they didnt get a car from the night before yet we finally saw management come in and say to us they only had enough cars for us, anyone more would not have a car, great wew I was the last one in line ok im good. Well my turn, no cars - what???

Then they handed the guy the keys to their last rental, yes im in, then they say sorry you have to pay more because this is a better car than you wanted. $210 more than expected, why wouldnt they give me the car for what they agreeed to on my reservation? poor poor service, they had us because we were driving to Fort Myers Beach and could not be put in a taxi and hopefully get a car the next day - like they did to all the fuming people we had from the night before. OK have gone, drove - now return day - they assured us we will get right to the van with no wait -WAIT TIME 45 MINTUES - ONLY HAVE ONE VAN RUNNING TO THE AIRPORT AND HE TOOK OFF WITH ONLY 2 PEOPLE ON BOARD WHEN SERVERAL OF US WERE GETTING OUR SUITCASES OUT OF OUR TRUNKS AND HEADING THAT WAY, HE JUST TOOK OFF AND DROVE RIGHT PAST US.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SERVICE - NO CARS?NO REASONS AND NO APOLOGIES

Review about: Advantage Rent A Car Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Advantage Rent A Car?

Comments

I definitely agree.On 11/21/12 called advantage in fort lauderdale to say my plane was delayed, instead of picking car up at 10:00 pm I would pick car up at 12:30 am.

They took flight number and airline name and modified reservation. When I arrived I was told the last car went out at 9 pm. Even if I had arrived on time I still would have had no car. Was forced to pay 300 dollars more than I had intended from dollar rental car.

I called that night and thanksgiving morning and after getting the run around. The manager (Dan) told me they did not give vouchers that was not their policy to take care of the customer even thouh they. Screwed up. What's worse I they are owned by hertz, so i called them and was amazed to hear the same thing .

So *** advantage and *** hertz.HAPPY HOLIDAYS.