Orlando, Florida
100% full Not resolved
1.8
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality

Not worth the savings. We had an extremely unsafe vehicle!!

The exterior of our car was dinged and beat up but the inside was clean. After having the car 4-5 days and noticing an increasing pull to the left, on day 7 the "low tire air" sensor light came on. We added air but were forced to change the tire the next morning when it was low again. Upon removing the tire, it was IMMEDIATELY evident that the tire was a shred away from blowing out!! Then entire circumference of the inside edge of the tire was shredded with steel belts and cords exposed!! It could have been a catastrophic accident!!

I called them before heading back to the airport from Daytona and told them I'd be in to discuss when I got there. The manager told me to talk to him and that he'd deduct 2 days off my rental (of 8 days) and give me an upgrade for my next one. I told him to keep the upgrade and reduce my cost further but he refused. When I got to the terminal, he wouldn't come out and talk to me but took another day or two off my rental. Having to catch a flight, I took my paperwork and left, knowing I wasn't done with them yet!

Once I returned home, I tried contacting their corporate office. Numerous voicemails were left and I sent several emails to the addresses quoted on the vm's and they all bounced back.

By definition, this incident is a HIGH POTENTIAL NEAR MISS safety event!! It is something that SHOULD have been caught during maintenance, which makes me question either the integrity (or existence) of their maintenance program OR the education level of their maintenance folks. The damage to this tire could've caused a major accident at highway speeds!!

Three weeks later, I've finally received an email from Customer Svc requesting more info and saying there's an investigation open, so we'll see how that goes.

I didn't even mention the scam of the toll passes - which we got hosed on too.

In short, in my opinion, they are putting unsafe vehicles on the road. It's by the grace of GOD that we didn't wreck!! Spend a little more money to rent from another company.

Review about: Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Cheap car at first.

I didn't like: Unsafe vehicles, Lack of return calls, No recourse to solve a problem, Unsafe vehicle and shady billing practices.

Had an Experience with Advantage Rent A Car?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion