Advantage Rent A Car - UNSAFE vehicle and crappy customer service
Not worth the savings. We had an extremely unsafe vehicle!!
The exterior of our car was dinged and beat up but the inside was clean. After having the car 4-5 days and noticing an increasing pull to the left, on day 7 the "low tire air" sensor light came on. We added air but were forced to change the tire the next morning when it was low again. Upon removing the tire, it was IMMEDIATELY evident that the tire was a shred away from blowing out!! Then entire circumference of the inside edge of the tire was shredded with steel belts and cords exposed!! It could have been a catastrophic accident!!
I called them before heading back to the airport from Daytona and told them I'd be in to discuss when I got there. The manager told me to talk to him and that he'd deduct 2 days off my rental (of 8 days) and give me an upgrade for my next one. I told him to keep the upgrade and reduce my cost further but he refused. When I got to the terminal, he wouldn't come out and talk to me but took another day or two off my rental. Having to catch a flight, I took my paperwork and left, knowing I wasn't done with them yet!
Once I returned home, I tried contacting their corporate office. Numerous voicemails were left and I sent several emails to the addresses quoted on the vm's and they all bounced back.
By definition, this incident is a HIGH POTENTIAL NEAR MISS safety event!! It is something that SHOULD have been caught during maintenance, which makes me question either the integrity (or existence) of their maintenance program OR the education level of their maintenance folks. The damage to this tire could've caused a major accident at highway speeds!!
Three weeks later, I've finally received an email from Customer Svc requesting more info and saying there's an investigation open, so we'll see how that goes.
I didn't even mention the scam of the toll passes - which we got hosed on too.
In short, in my opinion, they are putting unsafe vehicles on the road. It's by the grace of GOD that we didn't wreck!! Spend a little more money to rent from another company.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Cheap car at first
What I disliked
- Unsafe vehicles
- Horrible customer service
- Lack of return calls
- No recourse to solve a problem
- Unsafe vehicle and shady billing practices
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My friend rented a car through RelayRides in El Segundo Ca. On 5/27/15 I borrowed the car to take things to my storage and picked up a passengenger who was..."
- "First off i'm a 17 year old guy. I have a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT and needed tires badly, I have a friend who referred me to "Rent a Wheel"..."
- "This place was recommended by a friend who only used their services once. I was very excited to rent an RV and selected a coach size. I paid for the..."
- "This clinic removes all of the many negative comments almost immediately from its Instagram page..... but sometimes you catch one before it disappears! Nadia's comment has already vanished! Check for..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "My complaint is against Surface Solutions & Design and its owner/operators, Peter M. *** and Lucie R. Elmer, for being deceptive about their product and the absolutely terrible floor installation..."
- "Beware of Orlando Florida Credit Repair - StateWide Credit Repair! Full of false advertisements!!! My wife and I paid this company a flat fee of $450.00 to repair our credit to remove..."
- "In 2013 we purchased a sofa, love seat, dining room table and 6 chairs from #American Freight in Orlando FL. We purchased the 5 year warranty and were told it..."